Showcase Emerging Talent to Industries
1. What is Industry Academia Connect Program?
La Fondation Dassault Systemes India has launched this program to help Engineering Students to catch Industry Attention.
This program provides a platform for Engineering Students to showcase their engineering know-how through their project demonstration and help the students to connect with the industries across India.
This should help students for career / internship opportunities.
For more details, please visit Industry Academia Connect Program Link.
2. What is the format of this Program?
We plan to conduct one-day conferences in several cities in India, which are Industry or Academia hubs.
Industry representatives and leaders from various industries across India will be invited to witness emerging talent, which will be demonstrated by students through their projects. Qualified projects will be showcased to industry experts in these conferences.
We will also post these projects on our online portal.
3. What are the benefits for students through of this Program?
By participating in this program, students will get following benefits
- Get chance to be considered for employment / internship / industry projects.
- Display your engineering skills and knowhow through your demonstrable projects.
- Catch Industry attention through your projects and presentation.
- Show your understanding and adaptation for latest technologies in your solutions.
- Learn to use new technologies such as AR, VR, Hologram, Digital TWIN and such many.
4. What are the benefits for Institues / Colleges through this Program?
Institutes or Colleges get following benefits from this program –
- Improve Industry Collaboration, be noticed by industry through program and attract them to campus.
- Improve assessment benchmark by various accrediting agencies.
- Improve employability, internship and industry project opportunities for students.
5. When is this Program starting?
Launch event is scheduled in Pune in mid of June 2020. Subsequent conferences will happen throughout the year at a certain frequency. Dates for each conference will be announced as soon as decided.
6. Who can nominate for this program?
Engineering Colleges can nominate their students for this program.
We encourage students to contact their professors / Head of Department for submitting nomination. Nomination Link.
7. Which students can participate?
Students who are current studying full time in engineering colleges can participate in this initiative.
8. What is the last date for nomination?
There is no last date for nomination. We are running this program throughout the year. As soon as your project is complete, you should submit the nomination through your college. We plan to showcase qualified projects through various conferences across India, throughout the year.
The nominations received 2 months before next conference date will be considered for the next and subsequent conference.
First conference is scheduled to happen in mid of June 2020. For first conference we expect project nominations by 31st March 2020.
9. Which Projects will be considered under this program?
Projects done in following areas will have more weightage in this program -
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Factory Automation & Simulation
- Simulation (FEA or Kinematic Simulation)
- Energy (Alternative, Conventional)
- Environmental Science
- Civil Engineering
- Metallurgy or Metal Science
- Multi-disciplinary projects involving combination of above streams
10. Which Projects will not be considered at all in this initiative?
Projects involving only programming or only mobile application will not be considered in this initiative.
11. At what stage of our project, should we submit our nominations?
When the nomination is submitted, the complete design and engineering analysis of the project should be ready. Only completed projects will be considered for selection.
If physical prototype development is yet to be completed, you can still submit your nomination.
If you are yet to start the project, please submit nomination when you are ready with complete design and engineering analysis.
Since we plan to run this program throughout the years, you will get chance to participate in this program as soon as you complete your project.
Nominations window will be open throughout the year.
12. What all details of projects will be required to qualify?
Projects with following details will have more preference to be selected -
- Project Concept with well-defined Objective
- Project Description in detail (Inspiration, new concept, detailed study)
- Design details with proper Engineering Calculations, Engineering analysis
- Design Analysis done (CAE/CFD/Kinematics Analysis)
13. Do we need Physical Prototype to submit the project?
Not Mandatory. It would be an added advantage if your project can be showcased with Physical prototype.
14. Can we display our project by any other ways?
Yes, you can display your project concept and working methodology using other technologies such as AR (Augmented Reality) or VR (Virtual Reality) or MR (Mixed Reality). Main agenda is to convey your project concept properly to relevant stakeholder.
15. Do we need Video Pitch for every Project?
Yes. We expect each project to have a 2 to 3 minutes video pitch, which explains key objective and quick advantages of their project.
Video Pitch is required to display your project in all conferences even though student or college representative do not attend that conference.
16. What is the maximum Team size?
Each team would comprise of 4 to maximum 6 members including Team Leader. Team Members from different branches of same college or institute would be ok.
17. For Nomination the project, do we need to validate our nomination from HOD?
Yes, Student should inform HOD & Professor/Guide about the project, they would like to submit their project under this initiative. Since this program includes many Industry experts and Industry professionals across India, we need college to verify the nomination under this initiative.
18. Which HOD will validate the project submission?
In case Team comprises of students from different branches then HOD of the Branch from which Team Leader belongs to will validate the project submission.