Webinar series 2021 – ‘’Guiding students to select meaningful engineering projects’'
Considering the immense positive feedback we received for our former webinar series in 2020, as well as many requests received from colleges, professors and students, we are proud to launch this webinar series' Season 2, beginning from April 22, 2021.
It will be a 15-session webinar series (one session every Thursday) with Industry speakers from different domain areas, industry verticals and technologies delivering sessions to help students increase their knowledge about existing domains, and about the emerging technologies being adopted all over the industries. We are inviting key Industry experts who have a thorough understanding of the engineering domains, so that Industries can spot students thanks to their project ideas, and ultimately to guide them on how to have such projects selected.
- During our interactions with various industries across India we realized that:
- Industries expect the new generation engineering talents to select meaningful projects, which will help the students to deeply explore and apply their engineering skills to solving real industry oriented or end-user issues
- According to the industries, most of the time, projects selected by students are too theoretical and are lacking of depth in implementation
- Many of the students and professors struggle to identify such ideas on projects which students should work on, and which will help them to catch industries’ attention.
About the program
La Fondation Dassault Systemes is conducting webinar sessions by Industry experts to guide the students on identifying appropriate and meaningful projects to make them “Industry Ready”.
This webinar series “Guiding Students to Select Meaningful Engineering Projects” is organized to help engineering students in choosing meaningful projects for their final year.
Inviting Industry Experts to deliver sessions and guide our next generation of students with appropriate project ideas, which will help them to be “Industry Ready”: this will help them to catch industry actors’ attention for future employability.
Through Industry actors’ participation, work together in order to address employability and talent readiness challenges faced by the ‘Industry and Academia ecosystems’.
- 90-minute sessions, featuring Industry experts from various industry verticals and domains (a 45 minute speaker session followed by 30 minutes of Q&As, and 15 minutes for introduction at the start and wrap-up at the end)
- Series of 10 to 12 sessions (one session per week, led by different domain experts)
- The sessions start from April 22, 2021 and will be held every Thursday at 4:30 PM India time, for the coming 10 to 12 weeks.
- Students and professors from Engineering colleges / universities; from core engineering streams (Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Robotics / Automation, Mechatronics, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electronics Engineering),
- Engineering students in their 2nd - 3rd – 4th year of undergraduate program, and from 1st & 2nd year of Post-Graduation program.
What will be covered by Industry experts
- The topics related to upcoming trends in specific industry vertical, domain, technologies;
- Domains of skills & expertise a fresh pass-out student is expected to acquire;
- During the session, the speaker can suggest a few topics, problem statements and project ideas, which students can explore for their projects (project ideas can be generic for the domain, and may not be specific to the represented organization);
- Some exercises and reference materials related to topics covered in the sessions. Students are expected to work on these exercises to train while they are at home.
Please read this table to know about upcoming sessions' details :
There are more sessions to come, the table will be updated accordingly with the speaker name for dates from June to mid-August 2021. Stay tuned!
Here is the registration link.
Future of Engineering through Immersive Technology
APRIL 22, 2021
Mr. Yash DHAKE, Creative Designer, Dassault Systèmes | To Watch The session - Click Here
Create Your Future Through Impactful Projects
APRIL 29, 2021
Mr. Hemant GADGIL, Executive Director, Dassault Systèmes Foundation, India | To Watch The session - Click Here
Importance of IPR
MAY 6, 2021
Adv. Ganesh HINGMIRE, Advocate | To Watch The session - Click Here
Solar Power Plants future of green and Safe Energy generation
MAY 13, 2021
Dr. Radhakrishnan, Managing Director, Ezon Energy Solutions | To Watch The session - Click Here
Modular Building & Civil Infrastructure
MAY 20, 2021
Mr. Prasad Pandit, Industry Process Consultant Senior Manager, Dassault Systèmes | To Watch The session - Click Here
Industrial Infrastructure For Future
MAY 27, 2021
Olivier Audelan, CATIA Infrastructure Industry Process Consult - Mgt Director, Dassault Systèmes | To Watch The session - Click Here
Simulation Technologies enabling Predictive Flood Simulation and Disaster Mitigation
JUNE 3, 2021
Solar Energy for Self-Reliant Village Eco System
JUNE 10, 2021
Dr. Shrinivas Metan, HOD Mechanical Engineering, N K Orchid College of Engineering | To Watch The session - Click Here
Higher Education Avenues in Engineering in France
JUNE 17, 2021
Dr. Olivier Fudym, Attaché for Scientific and Academic Cooperation, Consulat Général de France | To Watch The session - Click Here
Engineers in Military Aviation: Treading the Cutting Edge
JUNE 24, 2021
Sqn Ldr Supriya Bhosale, Indian AirForce | To Watch The session - Click Here
Application Of AI and Drones
JULY 1, 2021
Mr. Arjun Das, CTO, General Aeronautics | To Watch The session - Click Here
Tailoring your Profile - An Employee's and an Entrepreneur's perspective
JULY 8, 2021
Ms. Shilpa Thakur, Co-founder- Incoen Systems Pvt Ltd | To Watch The session - Click Here
Referential Industry Defined Projects executed by students
JULY 15, 2021
Students from Engineering colleges who executed Industry Defined Projects as part of ConnectNext Program
How to Launch a Successful Start-Up In Manufacturing Domain
JULY 22, 2021
Mr. Nandan Reddy, TrioVision Composite Technologies
JULY 29, 2021
Dignitaries from Government Agencies, Industry and Academia | To Watch The session - Click Here
La Fondation Dassault Systèmes in India was incorporated in November 2017 by Dassault Systèmes, one of its objectives being to facilitate the Academic world’s transformation. Through various programs La Fondation Dassault Systèmes is undertaking, it also aims to address employability and talent readiness challenges by helping students to be “Future Ready”.