In Europe, Le Fonds de dotation Dassault Systèmes, an endowment fund located 10, Rue Marcel Dassault, 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, FRANCE, (hereinafter “La Fondation Dassault Systèmes”), processes Personal Data collected in the context of all projects submitted to the 3DS Foundations mentioned below.
In USA, the Dassault Systèmes Foundation, located in Boston Campus, 175 Wyman Street, 02451 WLATHAM MA 02451, UNITED-STATES, processes Your Personal Data collected in the context of the projects submitted to it by an organization located in USA.
In India, the Dassault Systèmes Foundation located Plot No. 15B, Pune Infotech Park M.I.D.C, phase I Taluka Mulshi, Hinjawadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411057, INDIA, processes Your Personal Data collected in the context of the projects submitted to it by an organization located in India.
Personal data ("Personal Data") means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to the person.
Non-Personal Data means any information that does not result in the identification of a person.
2. DATA COLLECTED
Visitors are individuals who visit the Site without submitting a project. Personal Data likely include:
- IP address;
- Cookies (as described in section 10);
- And any Personal Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
Users are individuals who submit a project to a 3DS Foundation. Users’ Personal Data likely includes:
- title ;
- first and last name;
- postal address ;
- email address ;
- telephone number(s) ;
- university ; degree and courses taken ;
- type of organization (company, school, university, etc.),
- organization name, organization size ;
- department and job title;
- industry and industry sub-industry sectors;
- financial data ;
- IP or MAC address ;
- cookies (as described in section 10)
- and any other Personal Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
In all cases, however, the Personal Data gathered is limited to data necessary for the purposes described in Article 4 below.
In order to submit a project, 3DS Foundation requires that You provide certain Personal Data. You are free to decide whether or not to provide all or part of Your Personal Data. However, if You choose not to provide all or part of this Personal Data, the purposes as described in Article 4 hereafter might not be achieved or not properly achieved, some areas and functions of the Site may not function properly and/or You may be refused access to certain pages on the Site.
3. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING CHILDREN
The activities performed by 3DS Foundation are not designed to be addressed to children who are considered as minor under the applicable data protection law and 3DS Foundation does not knowingly collect or store Personal Data from children under such age. For children whose usual place of residence is in the European Union, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, the default age at which a person is no longer considered a child is 16 subject to local law to adjust that limit between 13 and 16.
However, certain activities performed by 3DS Foundation may be appropriate for use by children, and in that case children below the age of consent under local data protection laws, must seek consent from their parents or guardians prior to register a project on the Site. Teachers and school administrators may act in the place of parents or guardians and provide consent for the collection of Personal Data from children (schools should always ensure that they have received permission from parents or guardians to do so).
If parents or guardians become aware that their child has provided 3DS Foundation with Personal Data without their consent or without a teacher’s or school administrator’s consent, they can ask 3DS Foundation to remove such Personal Data and deleted the child’s Personal Data by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If 3DS Foundation becomes aware that it has collected Personal Data from a child below the age of consent under local data protection laws without consent from a parent or a guardian, 3DS Foundation will take steps to seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent for that processing or to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s Personal Data.
4. PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS OF PROCESSINGS OF PERSONAL DATA
Whether You are a visitor or a user, 3DS Foundation collects and processes Your Personal Data based on its legitimate interest for the following purposes: to improve Your user experience and to recognize that You have given a Personal Data so You don’t need to do it for every web page requested.
In addition, when a user submits a project, Your Personal data will be processed by 3DS Foundation based on Your consent.
In addition, 3DS Foundation might also use the user’s email address for administrative or other non-marketing purposes (for example, to notify You significant changes to the Site or to ask You more details about the submitted project).
5. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
3DS Foundation does not store Your Personal Data for more than necessary.
Retention periods may vary depending on the data categories and the processing activities.
Where 3DS Foundation is processing and using Your Personal Data as permitted by law or under your consent, 3DS Foundation will store them (i) only as long as required to fulfil the purposes set out above or (ii) until You object to 3DS Foundation’ use of your Personal Data (where 3DS Foundation has a legitimate interest in using them) or (iii) where you gave Your consent, until you withdraw it. However, where 3DS Foundation is required by applicable law to retain your Personal Data longer or where your Personal Data is required to assert or defend against legal claims, 3DS Foundation will retain them until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
6. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Please note that 3DS Foundation may transfer Your Personal Data outside of the European Union to the two other 3DS Foundations, that offer an adequate level of protection in accordance with European legislation
7. RIGHT TO ACCESS, TO RECTIFICATION AND OTHER RIGHTS
You have a right to access Your Personal Data. In addition, You have a right to request the rectification, completion, update or erasure of Your Personal Data. You have a right to restriction of processing. You also have a right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data stored by 3DS Foundation. You have a right to object, in relation to your particular situation. You may have a right to data portability.
You may exercise Your rights by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Depending on the scope of the request, 3DS Foundation reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover any out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such access, modification and deletion of Personal Data. 3DS Foundation may deny access to Personal Data in limited circumstances, defined by applicable laws and regulations.
8. DATA RECIPIENTS
3DS Foundation will also disclose Your Personal Data to third parties if 3DS Foundation determines that such disclosure is necessary for technical reasons (such as hosting services by a third party) or to protect 3DS Foundation’ legal interests, 3DS Foundation may also disclose Your Personal Data if required by law or if 3DS Foundation believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of 3DS Foundation or the public.
9. DATA SECURITY
3DS Foundation undertakes to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data that You choose to communicate, in order to ensure the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and prevent Your Personal Data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
3DS Foundation maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation and destruction. As part of those safeguards, 3DS Foundation employs sophisticated technology designed to protect Personal Data during its transmission and prevent transmission errors or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, while 3DS Foundation strives to protect Your Personal Data, in light of the inevitable risks of data transmission over the internet, 3DS Foundation cannot guarantee full protection against any error occurring during the course of Personal Data transmission which is beyond 3DS Foundation' reasonable control.
Since all Personal Data is confidential, access is limited to employees, contractors and agents of 3DS Foundation who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks. All the people who have access to Your Personal Data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and subject to disciplinary actions and/or other sanctions if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, it is important for You to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Data. You are responsible for the confidentiality of Your password and information appearing on Your account. Consequently, You must ensure that You log out of Your session in the event of shared use of a computer.
Cookies will be kept for a maximum period of 13 (thirteen) months after your last visit from the Site.
To view the list of cookies 3DS Foundation and their purpose, click here.
- improve Your user experience ;
- analyze traffic and data on the Site to measure how many people are visiting the Site, so the Site can be made easier to use and navigate and to make sure there is enough capacity to ensure the Site have adequate response times, and to help 3DS Foundation to understand how visitors interact with the site so 3DS Foundation can improve its functionality and performance.
When you browse the Site, cookies are enabled by default and data may be read or stored locally on your device. You will be notified the first time You access the Site with a different device; 3DS Foundation will not install any cookies before obtaining your explicit consent. You can decide whether to accept or refuse some or all cookies. You can configure Your browser software to refuse all cookies (including cookies used for web analytics services); if You do so, however, some areas and features of the Site may not function properly and/or You may not be able to access some parts or services of the Site.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Although 3DS Foundation has put in place reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data, 3DS Foundation recognizes that there is no method of transmitting or storing Personal Data that is completely secure.
However, 3DS Foundation is committed to ensure the privacy of Personal Data: if You have a reason to believe that the security of Your Personal Data has been compromised or misused, You should contact 3DS Foundation via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Your usual place of residence is in European Union, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, You have a right to file a complaint with Your competent data protection authority.
1. Information the 3DS Foundation Collects
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
The categories of Personal Information are obtained directly and indirectly from activity on our Site. For example, from submissions through our Site or website usage details collected automatically.
2. Use of Personal Information
3. Sharing Personal Information
- 3DS Group Companies.
- The Foundation 3DS Service providers.
- Third parties to whom You or Your agents authorize the 3DS Foundation to disclose
The 3DS Foundation does not sell Personal Information.
4. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides You with specific rights regarding Your Personal Information. This section describes Your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that the 3DS Foundation discloses to You certain information about the 3DS Foundation’s collection and use of Your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once the 3DS Foundation receives and confirms Your verifiable request, as defined by the CCPA, the 3DS Foundation will disclose to You:
- The categories of Personal Information the 3DS Foundation collected about You;
- The categories of sources for Your collected Personal Information;
- Our business purpose for collecting, or sharing Your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom the 3DS Foundation shares Your Personal information, if any;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information the 3DS Foundation collected about You.
- Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that the 3DS Foundation deletes any of Your Personal Information that the 3DS Foundation collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once the 3DS Foundation receives and confirms Your verifiable request, the 3DS Foundation will delete (and direct the 3DS Foundation service providers to delete) Your Personal Information from the 3DS Foundation records, unless an exception applies.
The 3DS Foundation may deny Your deletion request if retaining Your Personal Information is necessary for it or its service providers to:
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to the Foundation 3DS by either:
- Calling the 3DS Foundation toll free within the US only at (888) 337-0030
- Sending an email to email@example.com.
Only You or a person or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to Your Personal Information.
You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of Your minor child. You may only make a verifiable request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows the 3DS Foundation to reasonably verify You are the person about whom the 3DS Foundation collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows the 3DS Foundation to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
The 3DS Foundation cannot respond to Your request if the 3DS Foundation cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to You. Making a verifiable request does not require You to create an account with us. The 3DS Foundation will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format
The 3DS Foundation endeavors to respond to a verifiable request within 45 days of its receipt. If the 3DS Foundation requires more time (up to 90 days), the 3DS Foundation will inform You of the reason and extension period in writing. The 3DS Foundation will deliver its written response by mail or electronically, at Your option. Any disclosures the 3DS Foundation provides will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request's receipt and/or explain the reasons the 3DS Foundation cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, the 3DS Foundation will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily useable and should allow You to transmit Your Personal Information from the 3DS Foundation to another entity without hindrance.
The 3DS Foundation does not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If the 3DS Foundation determines that the request warrants a fee, the 3DS Foundation will tell You why the 3DS Foundation made that decision and provides You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
The 3DS Foundation will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights.
6. Contact Information
Phone: (888) 337-0030 (toll free within the US only)
Postal Address: Dassault Systèmes Foundation
Attn: Americas Data Protection Officer
175 Wyman Street Waltham,
Or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.